About me and this blog

Hi! First of all, let me introduce myself :)

Hi, I'm Kathy. I'm 21 from Melbourne and I am a Patisserie student at William Angliss Institute.

Why I wanted to start this blog is because my whole life at the moment revolves around food and I want to be able to document what is the start of my journey to becoming a Pastry Chef and one day owning my own cafe. Basically I live, eat, breathe, dream and obsess about food. And when I say obsess, I mean obsess.

You see, I'm the kind of person who when is interested in something will just obsess about it until I can learn as much as I can - and I know I've barely scrapped the surface to food, especially desserts! I just naturally have a very curious mind and am always ready to learn, question and grow. That's just who I am.

So, besides from just sweets and desserts, I love all types of food and am always keen to try new and different things. My defining moment to what kickstarted this love to discover and eat was when I was 18 and was invited by my friend to celebrate her 18th birthday at No35 at the Sofitel on Collins. It was the most amazing experience in food I had ever been exposed to and I think to this day, the best restaurant I've been to. That night I promised myself that when I got a job and had the money, I would go fine dining. My second defining moment was when I went overseas to Shanghai and Korea at the end of 2013. Through that trip, I ate anything and everything. I put myself out of my comfort zone regarding food and hey, nothing happened besides the fact that my love for food and dining with friends grew. With that trip I promised myself that when I got back to Melbourne I would go out and try all of the food that Melbourne has to offer.

Which takes me to now. Through a lot of self convincing that it was ok to follow my dreams and to not have to please other people but myself regarding my career, I let myself enroll into William Angliss Institute in September 2014. Though this decision was really because of a push from a really good friend who basically said "if you're so sure about what you want to do, then why not, why not go as hard as you can now". And that's what I've done. As I am typing this on Tuesday 28 October 2014 at 1.12am I have officially finished 5 weeks of my course and it has been the best and most rewarding thing I've done. I have confirmed with myself that this is indeed what I want to be doing for the rest of my life.

I want to learn and work and be surrounded by food and people who are passionate about food. I want to talk to people about their experiences with food. I want to learn from them, but I also want to share what I've learned with others as well. I want to absorb as much as I can so that I can share it with the people I care about through my cooking. I want to see people's eyes light up or become puzzled because they've experienced something unique. I want to bring together all of my family and friends and share with them what makes me happy, and by them being happy, it will make me even happier.

This is just the start of everything - at least that's what I like to think. This journey is something I had always wanted to take but never had the guts to and it is going to be a good ride. I don't expect it to be just smooth sailing, heck I know it definitely won't be, but I do know that it really does bring me bliss, joy and happiness - both the good and bad times and I can't wait to share my journey with all of you!

So join me as I not only learn about food by being a pastry student, but also by eating the whole of Melbourne (and hopefully soon to be beyond!)

Wahhh, I've seriously never been more excited in my life. I'm slowly making my dreams come true. Good job Kathy! I'm proud of myself :)

 One of the most amazing group of people I have met - Shanghai 2013/2014!

1 comments :

  1. Thanks, Kathy! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    https://www.urbanspoon.com/blogger-reviews/71/13934/Melbourne/kaffiekoo.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About